Monday, June 05, 2006

One weird thing about me (instead of thirteen)

1. I like to cry and drive; criving, I call it. I particuarly like to crive in the rain or at night. Optimally, I like to crive on a rainy night while listening to Johnny Cash sing "Hurt." I find this to be absolutely cathartic.

5 comments:

jgomez said...

criving - that is perfect. I know what you mean. Sometimes i hear a good story and that can really choke you up. But, would this be dangerous? I also remember Gidget saying when you are surfing no one can tell you are crying. Ever had those tears of happiness? Those also can flush out alot of cobwebs.

Paul said...

There was this band some years back called Drivin' & Cryin'.....

Carl Bryant said...

I perform differential equations behind the wheel. I call it deriving.

Okay, hit me. I deserve it.

Criving and Cash sounds like a perfect combination.

Anonymous said...

"crive" -- that's perfect. sometimes i crive too. it's weird.

LKD said...

Yes, admittedly, indulging in criving can be dangerous, both to the criver and all the unsuspecting drivers out there on the road with said criver. (grin) I do crive only on ocassion, and try to do so carefully.

Tears of happiness? Yes. Lately, in my dreams, I find myself laughing so hard I'm crying. I wake up wondering what the hell was so funny that it was sad.

Drivin' & Cryin'? Is that one of those bad hair bands that sprang up right before heavy metal died? I still miss banging my head.

Deriving! That made me laugh out loud. And made me think of my fahter who probably did perform differential equations while behind the wheel. He was, without exaggeration, the most intelligent person I've ever known. He loved road trips. The longer the trip, the happier he was. Me and my brothers would be whining and fighting in the back of the station wagon and he'd be driving along with this Zen kind of expression in his eyes.

I used to crive alot after he died. It was the only time and place I felt really comfortable letting loose with those tears.

Oh, I miss him.

Been a while since I've crived. Might have to indulge some time soon.